THANK YOU FOR COMING!!!!!!!!
GCMGA presented Down the Garden Path on Saturday June 13, 9AM – 4PM.
We donned our masks and practiced social distancing that day. Although we were delayed by restrictions from the pandemic with the tour moving from May to June, folks were ready to be outside and enjoy nature’s beauty. We showcased seven diverse gardens:
- A Certified Native and Wildlife Habitat employing only native plants
- A formal English style garden with winding paths and water features
- A landscape featuring sustainable practices, statues and a koi pond
- A Charleston style garden utilizing classic Southern plants
- Two inviting pocket-size garden retreats
Many gardens were located in shade and on slopes providing ideas on how to beautify a challenging landscape. Ideas for types of plants – shrubs, trees, natives, perennials and annuals – were gained by our visitors. Many questions and comments from our visitors and lots of answers from our hosts and docents. All of our gardens were along the Highway 78 Corridor from Lilburn to Lawrenceville to Grayson. We invite you to look at just a few pictures of the gardens on the tour.
Varlamoff Garden: Susan (l) is masked, distanced and ready for the tour