The Gwinnett County Master Gardeners Association is holding a photography contest for its members and friends for photographs taken during the 2013 calendar year. The photos will be judged by an experienced nature photographer from outside the organization. Results will be announced and prizes awarded at the March 2014 meeting of the Gwinnett County Master Gardeners Association. Ribbons and possibly Prizes and will be awarded for First, Second, and Third Place in each category. Honorable Mention ribbons will also be awarded in each category. At the Judge’s discretion additional honorable mention ribbons may be awarded in a given category.
- All those making submissions must be Gwinnett County Master Gardeners or Friends in good standing.
- Deadline for the submission of photographs is midnight Sunday Jan 26, 2014.
- Photographs must have been taken in Georgia in 2013.
- Photographs should all be nature or garden related and appropriate to the category entered.
- Categories for the Contest
- Garden Landscapes – Photographs of gardens or portions of gardens but not close photographs of small features
- Plants – Photographs of individual plants or flowers from a single plant taken in garden or natural settings.
- Birds – Photographs of birds at feeders, in garden or natural settings
- Wildlife – Photographs of wildlife (other than birds) such as insects, squirrels, snakes, etc. in garden or natural settings.
- All rights to the photographs are retained by the submitter with the exception that GCMGA has the right to post the photographs on its web site and display them on screen at meetings.
- Each submitter may enter 2 photographs in each category.
- Photographs submitted for a category must meet the definition of the categories given above. GCMGA reserves the right to move a photo to a more appropriate category or to remove a photo that does not meet the above definitions.
- All photographs should be in good taste. GCMGA has final say on the appropriateness of a picture for the contest or for a given category. GCMGA may eliminate pictures determined not to be appropriate for any reason.
- All photos shall be submitted via electronic mail as attachments to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read: GCMGA Photo Contest.
- All photographs should be formatted as JPEGs (,jpg or .jpeg) with a maximum pixel count on the longest dimension of 1024.
- Each attached JPEG file name must be in the form of:
<category>_<last name>_< initials>_#.JPG.
An examples of correct filename would be
where the # is a number indicating the first or second entry in a category.
- Please include information in the email for each photo submitted.
- General Location Where Photo Was Taken
- Title for the photograph
- Can your name be display with this photo on the GCMGA website after the contest is over? (yes, no, or first name and last initial)
- The following abbreviations can be used in the names of the photos.
- Garden Landscapes – garden
- Plants – plant
- Birds – birds
- Other Wildlife – wildlife