The Gwinnett County Master Gardeners are holding a photography contest for its members and friends for photographs taken during the 2012 calendar year. The photos will be judged by an experienced nature photographer from outside the organization. Results will be announced and prizes awarded at the February 11, 2013, meeting of the Gwinnett County Master Gardeners. Prizes and Ribbons will be awarded for First, Second, and Third Place in each category. Honorable Mention ribbons will also be awarded in each category. At the Judge’s discretion additional honorable mention ribbons may be awarded in a given category.
- ·All those making submissions must be Gwinnett County Master Gardeners or Friends in good standing.
- ·Deadline for the submission of photographs is midnight Saturday, January 12, 2013.
- ·Photographs must have been taken in Georgia in 2012.
- ·Photographs should all be nature or garden related and appropriate to the category entered.
- ·Categories for the Contest
- oGarden Landscapes – Photographs of gardens or portions of gardens but not close photographs of small features
- oPlants – Photographs of individual plants or flowers from a single plant taken in a Garden or natural setting.
- oBirds – Photographs birds at feeders, in gardens or in natural settings
- oOther Wildlife – Photographs of other wildlife such as insects, squirrels, snakes, etc. in garden or natural settings.
- ·All rights to the photographs is retained by the submitter with the exception that Gwinnett County Master Gardeners has the right to post the photographs on its web site and display them on screen at meetings.
- ·Each submitter may enter 2 photographs in each category.
- ·All photographs should be in good taste. Gwinnett County Master Gardeners has final say on the appropriateness of a picture for the contest or for a given category. GCMG may eliminate pictures determined not to be appropriate for any reason or move pictures to a more appropriate category.
- ·All photos shall be submitted via electronic mail as attachments to an email sent to email@example.com. The subject should read: GCMG Photo Contest.
- ·All photographs should be formatted as JPEGs (,jpg or .jpeg) with a maximum pixel count on the longest dimension of 1024 and a pixel resolution of 90 pixels per inch.
- ·Each attached JPEG file name must be in the form of :
#_<last name>_< initials>_<category>.JPG.
An examples of correct filename would be
where the # is a number indicating the first or second entry in a category.
- ·Please include information in the email for each photo submitted.
- ·General Location Where Photo Was Taken
- ·Title for the photograph
- ·Can your name be display with this photo on the Gwinnett Master Gardner website after the contest is over? (yes, no, or first name and last initial)
- ·The following abbreviations can be used in the names of the photos.
o Garden Landscapes – garden
oPlants – plant
oBirds – birds
oOther Wildlife – other wildlife
Any questions concerning the contest can be sent via email to Don Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org}